Oh how I love this time of year! Hot days and warm nights. The weather is warming up beautifully and once again the BBQ is being used often as our meal times shift from the dining table out to the patio. These tenders are light, summery, easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Perfect springtime food 🙂
- 500g chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. mixed herbs OR
- 1/4 tsp. each of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed or minced)
- 1/2 tsp. each pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley, coriander or herb of your choice (to serve)
- Lemon slices to serve
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl or container and stir to combine.
- Add chicken and make sure it is coated evenly (I use my hands)
- Marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat BBQ or frying pan to medium high heat.
- Spread chicken in a single layer and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from BBQ and plate up.
- Sprinkle with parsley/coriander and serve with salad and a slice of lemon.