This is a quick, easy way to get that cauli mash sorted while you finish prepping whatever else it is you might be eating! When I didn’t have my thermomix, I would have to steam the cauli first before blitzing everything in the food processor. The thermomix makes it so easy! I love it. I also prefer to use frozen cauli as I never run out – I have about 9 bags in the freezer at the moment! (Yes, I have a HUGE freezer) 🙂
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower (500g)
- 75g butter
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup pure cream (thick or pouring)
- Pink salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Place cauliflower into bowl and blend gradually increasing speed up to 7 until cauliflower is blitzed! (About 7 seconds).
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add butter and cook for 12 min at 100°C with the MC on
- Add cream, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and blend for 30 sec at speed 7.
- GIve it one final blitz by slowly increasing the speed up to 8 and then back down again (only do this if you like it extra smooth!)
- Use fresh cauliflower. Just pulse a few times on turbo before moving onto step 2. No need to obliterate the fresh stuff!
- Omit the cream and butter for dairy-free (see below for alternatives)
- Butter alternatives: ghee, olive oil
- Cream alternatives: almond milk, coconut milk,
- Garlic Mash: add 2 teaspoons Garlic powder, OR garlic flakes OR 1-2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic (if using fresh, blitz and cook with the cauliflower)
- Curried Mashed Cauliflower: add ½ Tbsp. curry powder, ¼ tsp.cayenne pepper powder and ¼ tsp. turmeric.
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower: add ¼ cup grated cheese and a Tbsp.of cream or coconut milk.
- Herbed Mashed Cauliflower: add 1 sprig fresh thyme, 1 sprig fresh rosemary finely minced and fresh chopped chives.
- Smokey Barbecue Mashed Cauliflower: ½ tsp. smoked paprika, ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. chili powder, ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. ground coriander.