- 5 eggs separated
- 4 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 scoops Nirvana Organics stevia (or your choice of sweetener)
- 1 tsp. aluminium free baking powder
- 1-2 tsp. natural vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. pure pouring cream
- 125g melted butter (unsalted)
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, coconut flour, cacao, cacao nibs (if using), stevia, and baking powder.
- Pour the butter in slowly, mixing as you go.
- Add the cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gently add egg whites into the yolk mixture. Do this carefully to keep it as fluffy as possible.
- Spoon waffle mixture into your waffle iron and cook until done. Mine took just under 6 minutes.
To serve (be creative!):
Serve with cream and berries
Serve spread with nut butter
Take it to work/school with a container of cream to dip it into
Serve with cream and a berry coulis (berries and rice malt syrup simmered and then pureed)
Serve with cream and chocolate sauce (sugar-free chocolate melted and combined with cream)