A super simple and very quick snack you can make before rushing out the door in the morning! (As I did …lol). These are delicious and a HUGE hit with everyone in this household 🙂 Excuse the lack of photos – I decided to make a video instead! 😛 The picture used was one of Bob’s Red Mill’s lovely shots of their macaroons (which look the same but are NOT AT ALL like mine!) lol. 😛
- 6 egg whites
- Stevia to taste (I used 5 drops of English Toffee this time)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp. mixed spice (or your choice of flavouring)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a CLEAN medium sized bowl, beat the egg whites and sweetener together until stiff peaks form. (Or use your food processor like I did … I used the flat disc used to whip cream).
- Add vanilla and spice (or whatever flavour you are using).
- Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the coconut gently (keeping it as fluffy as possible).
- Form into little balls (I use a teaspoon) and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (my oven takes 10) or until golden on top.
- Remove and let them cool down.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- citrus (orange, lime, lemon zest)
- dark chocolate chips and peppermint essence
- dip in dark chocolate
- vanilla and cinnamon