- Pork Belly
- Olive Oil
- Chinese 5 Spice
- Pink Salt
- Preheat air fryer at 160 and line basket with alfoil (saves cleaning up a lot of mess at the end).
- Score skin of pork belly.
- Rub oil, salt and Chinese 5 spice into belly.
- Place the pork belly into the basket of the air fryer … (mine was big so I squished it in!)
- Cook at 160c for 20 minutes.
- Flip, increase heat to 200c and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove (in the foil) and let sit covered with foil for 5 minutes. (Or until juices run clear)
- Slice and serve!
- I removed mine at 20 minutes and it was still ‘under-done’ in the middle. I let it sit covered in foil while I dished the veggies up and the pork ended up succulent and perfectly cooked. The skin was crispy and delicious.
- This is far easier, faster and less messy than the oven!
- The pork belly I used had been frozen – I thawed it in the sink with hot water. I took it straight out and oiled and salted it – I completely forgot to pat it dry and salt it (to draw the moisture out). I’m so glad I forgot – as the crackle was PERFECT! No need for all that mucking around. It was a delicious meal with next to no prep at all 🙂
(Visited 1,685 times, 1 visits today)