- 500g chicken thighs (skinless and boneless), sliced or diced.
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 250 grams mushrooms (your favourite type), sliced or whole
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4-8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- Himalayan rock salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Place chicken, bacon, Italian herbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in the pan.
- Fry, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms, cream and thyme.
- Let simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use 1/2 sour cream if you like for a bit of extra tang, or some cream cheese as well. I sometimes use a combo of all 3! (Cream, sour cream and cream cheese).
- You can use whole chicken thighs instead of sliced, just make sure you simmer until they are cooked through
- Add different herbs and/or spices for different flavours (parsley, rosemary, cajun spice etc.)
(Visited 118 times, 1 visits today)