- 1 1/2 Cups almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sweeter (Natvia/xylitol)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. guar or xantham gum
- 150g choc chips or broken up chocolate (low carb/sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Soften butter in microwave in a large bowl for about 30 seconds (can be done in a small saucepan on stove if needed). DO NOT MELT.
3. Using an electric hand mixer, beat sweetener and butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla and egg and mix gently until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Add the almond meal/flour, xanthan/guar gum, baking soda and pink salt. Mix using a wooden spoon until well combined.
6. Wet your hands and mix in chocolate chips as you form the dough into a ball.
7. Make about 15 cookies and place on a baking try lined with baking paper.
8. Squash gently with a fork to flatten.
9. Bake for about 10 minutes.
10. Remove and allow to cool on tray before moving to cooling rack.
11. Refrigerate (so they set)
- Make a double batch – mine disappeared the day I made them!
- Don’t accidentally use powdered sweetener. My first batch came out of the oven delicious, but soft – and they stayed soft!
- Wet your hands before handling the dough so it doesn’t stick
- Try replacing choc chips with slivered almonds or smashed macadamias
- I used Lindt 85% dark chocolate in this lot