- 5 slices bacon diced
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned and skin off
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a plate.
- Keep bacon fat in pan and heat to medium-high.
- Season both sides of chicken generously with salt, freshly ground pepper, thyme and seasoning mix.
- Cook for about 7 minutes in bacon fat (you might need to add some oil) each side or until they are evenly browned.
- Transfer chicken thighs to another plate.
- Add sliced mushrooms to frying pan and cook on medium high heat for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown and a bit softened, stirring only once midway.
- Add garlic and, stirring constantly, sauté about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and salt (taste first!).
- Increase heat and bring to a gentle boil, then immediately reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 2-4 minutes, until flavors are blended and sauce is reduced a bit.
- Add bacon and stir. Taste sauce and add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and coat with sauce. Bake for about 30 minutes turning half way.
- Serve with cauli mash, sweet potato or cauliflower rice and some leafy greens.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)