Our details are:
- Miriam Mace
- Email address: email@example.com
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We respect your privacy
MiMFiT respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
MiMFiT complies with privacy requirements as set out in the Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 Schedule 1 and shall ensure that all practitioners who are part of the team at MiMFiT are aware of those requirements and will do the same.
Your personal details collected as part of our mailing list is treated with the strictest confidence and will only be used to share educational advice, recipes, tips on LCHF and healthy eating and any useful information as decided by MiMFiT and to notify you of news and events when they occur.
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). [NOTE SEE SECTION 4 BELOW]
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
We may also receive data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
Use of site and age
You must be over the age of 18 to use our site or service or at a minimum 13 years of age with a parent’s permission. You must be 18 years or older in order to purchase any products from our website.
You consent to your personal information being used and/or disclosed for any reasons given to you by us in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Personal information relating to you which we collect, use and disclose may include sensitive information, such as information about your health or your details related to how you pay for our services. For example, you consent to us using and disclosing information about displaying the results of competitions, promoting the service and encouraging other members, as well as to financial service providers to allow processing of payments. Unless you ask us not to, we may also use your personal information to send updated information and other promotional material to you.
Our information collection
You do not ‘have’ to supply any information to us when visiting our site unless you wish to communicate to us via our contact page or become a subscriber to our newsletter. You may like to purchase one of our products that you see on our website and this will mean sharing your name, address, email and contact number with us. Upon payment of any of our products and/or services your payment information is shared with a secure third party, either PayPal, Stripe or ANZ merchant.
Non-Identifiable Information Collection
When you visit our website we may from time to time collect non-identifiable information from you such as your IP address, interactions with our website, products and services. These interactions alone are not enough to identify you.
Use of your Information
We will never handover, sell or transfer any of your information to a third party without your consent. However when identifying your information to us you agree that we are able to use your information for any of the following;
- To improve the service and experience of the user/visitor to our website
- To provide a quality service to you
- To email you correspondence or our subscriber newsletter
- To contact you and respond to your inquiry.
This Website seeks to adhere to the “Internet Industry Code of Practice” (“IICP”) available at www.acma.gov.au. In accordance with the obligations on Content Hosts described within the IICP, we:
-encourage those users who upload content to use appropriate warnings and/or labelling systems in respect of material which is likely to be considered unsuitable for minors according to the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 and relevant Classification Guidelines, even though such material may not be Prohibited or Potential Prohibited Content;
-notify you that you must not place on the Website content that is in contravention of any Australian State, Territory or Commonwealth law;
-warn you to be aware of the risks of using social media websites such as forums and chat rooms and encourage you to read further information on how you can minimise the risks for you and your children, by visiting www.cybersmart.gov.au, or following the link in the bullet point below;
-encourage you to read the Internet Industry Association’s (IIA) Guide for Internet Users for information about methods of supervising and managing your children’s access to internet content and obtaining an IIA Family Friendly Filter at: http://www.iia.net.au/index.php?option=com_content…
-notify you that you have a right to make complaints to the Australian Communications and Media Authority about content which you believe may be Prohibited Content or Potential Prohibited Content in accordance with the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 and relevant Classification Guidelines, by visiting www.acma.gov.au;
-encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a complaint about any of the content shown on the Website, or have any queries regarding unsolicited commercial emails (SPAM) received from us, or seek further information regarding the above obligations.
We request the Australian Communications and Media Authority contact MiMFiT via email email@example.com to send any takedown notices.