- 800g beef mince
- 1 brown or red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. seeded mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed/chopped (or granules or crushed garlic)
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 egg
- Pink salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional chilli flakes
- Fat for frying
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form meat mixture into 10 balls.
- Preheat BBQ or frying pan to medium high and add oil.
- Place rissoles onto pan of BBQ and squash flat with the back of a spatula.
- Fry for about 5 minutes before flipping.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until cooked through. Time will vary according to your pan and hotplate.
Serve with smashed avo and salad, or veggies, or cauli mash .. why not try some parsnip shoestring fries or .. whatever tickles your fancy. You could even serve it on a low carb bread roll that you’ve prepared earlier 😉
Pictured below is a delicious zuchinni, egg and celery salad and the rissoles are topped with Ghee.