[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.105″ background_layout=”light”]
This is a really quick and easy soup to make; simply use whatever veggies you have in the fridge or freezer. If you don’t have chicken or prefer not to add chicken, that’s fine – this taste great as a simple Curried Vegetable Soup as well. If you don’t have time to heat the spices first, just throw it all in together! It might not taste as ‘flavoursome’ but it will still be delicious. It works well with both beef and chicken broth, and if you don’t have any broth on hand, you can use stock. Have a play and let me know what variations you come up with 🙂
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced into large chunks
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets (or 1 bag frozen cauli)
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini or squash, chopped
- 3 brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 2- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and ‘smashed’ or roughly chopped (or 1-2 Tbsp minced garlic)
- 500g chicken thighs, deboned, skin off and extra fat trimmed (Omit for vegetarian)
- 400ml can of full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups of bone broth
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of curry powder
- 1-2 tsp. ground cumin -use more if you like the taste 🙂
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
If you have a slow cooker with browning function:
- Set slow cooker to ‘sear’ (the hottest temp) and add oil and spices. Allow to cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients stirring to coat with spices and brown all over.
- Turn to LOW and to cook for between 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
For a regular slow cooker:
- Heat a small saucepan over medium to high heat, add the oil and spices and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Place the pumpkin, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini/squash, coconut milk and chicken stock into the slow cooker dish and turn on low.
- Add the spices and mix well to combine.
- Allow to cook for 8 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.