You know when you just don’t feel like cooking, but you know you need fats, protein, probiots and all that good stuff to get you going? Well – here it is! All in under 5 minutes and with minimal clean up. There is so much goodness in this little recipe that your body will LOVE you for it! Milk Kefir is a staple in our diet – we have it every single morning without fail! The benefits are ASTOUNDING! Milk kefir may also work for those who are lactose intolerant as the milk kefir grains tend to get rid of most of the lactose during the fermentation process.
Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6sDGteYGM
- 250 ml liquid (milk kefir, almond or coconut milk) I always use milk kefir 🙂 See link below for reasons why!
- 100g frozen coconut flesh
- 2 Tbsp. nut Butter
- Handful baby spinach
- ½ medium sized avocado
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. BioGreens by Bioflex (contains barley grass, wheat grass, chlorella and spirulina) – you can use some other type of greens if you like 🙂
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 5 drops of mint liquid stevia (or fresh mint)
- 2 scoops stevia (unflavoured)
1. Place in a high powered blender or food processor and blend!
- You could add a protein powder in if you like (I use Bioflex Whey Protein Concentrate which you can order through me) Check it out here: bioflexnutrition.com.au/product/wpc-natural/
- You may like to blend the ‘hard ingredients’ before adding the milk kefir. It depends on your blender/food processor.
- You can purchase BioGreens through me as I am an authorised reseller of Bioflex products. Check it out here: http://bioflexnutrition.com.au/product/biogreens/
- See more about milk kefir here: http://www.mimfit.net/kefir-for-you-and-your-dog/
Milk Kefir Grains:
The milk kefir grains look like this – kind of like cauliflower
You strain the milk like this after it has fermented
Press it through the sieve and put in the fridge.
The grains that are left in the sieve go into fresh milk to ferment for the next morning!