- 1 medium sweet potato (baked for 45 minutes in a 200°C oven, cooled and then peeled and cut into rounds)
- 100g streaky bacon (omit for vegetarian)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200g gram baby spinach
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup pure cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 handfuls tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cajun spice seasoning
- Pink salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium to high heat and fry onion, bacon with Cajun spice until onion is soft.
- Mix the eggs, garlic powder and cheeses together until combined (I use a food processor) and then stir in the onion and bacon.
- Layer egg mixture, baby spinach, a handful of cheese and then the rest of the egg mixture. Add sliced sweet potato rounds top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes (depending on oven).
- You can also bake these in individual ramekins (reduce cooking time).
Tastes wonderful when served as picture: with homemade sauerkraut and a beautiful tomato, walnut, basil, and mint salad with balsamic vinegar and macadamia oil dressing.