This was my first ever attempt at creating a meal in the thermal cooker – and it turned out fabulous! So tasty! 🙂 And it only required 30 minutes of electricity. I can’t wait to experiment with roasts, cakes and desserts … many fun times int he kitchen coming right up!
- 2 large brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium eggplants (cubed)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 cups bone broth or stock (chicken or beef)
- ⅓ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 Tbsp. mixed herbs
- 3 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for sautéing (I used onion infused olive oil)
- 1 cup baby spinach (optional)
- 1/2 cup cream/sour cream or coconut cream (optional)
Slow cooker method:
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Thermal Cooker Method:
- Heat oil in large inner pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and zucchini and cook until onion is translucent and zucchini is starting to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, cover with lid and reduce to a fast simmer/slow boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place into thermal pot and case.
- Close the lids/do up the zipper etc.
- Leave for at least 5 hours.
- Open and remove from inner pot from case.
- Stir through optional baby spinach and/or cream/sour cream/coconut cream.
- Return inner pot to heat and simmer for 1/2 hour before serving
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Stir through some sour cream/coconut cream right before serving.
- Add baby spinach and place pot back on stove to simmer for half hour before serving