This is a fantastic way for your kids to get their probiotics and whatever other goodies you would like to fill their bellies with. My 12 year old daughter Charli loves that she can pull her breakfast out of the freezer and eat off a stick! I usually make a little extra when I am making a smoothie, and top up the ice cream molds with it. Two birds with one stone – simple! This is great as breakfast, a snack or even dessert 🙂
- 1 cup milk kefir (drizzle more in if it’s too thick)
- 100g frozen coconut flesh
- 1/2 cup of frozen fruit of choice (we use berries)
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter (I use my homemade almond, brazil nut and macadamia nut butter)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Stevia to taste (plain or flavoured)
- 1 scoop whey protein concentrate (Protien Powder – I use vanilla or raw)
- Place the frozen fruit and coconut into the food processor and pulse a few times until well broken down.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add more kefir to get the consistency right.
- Taste test and adjust the stevia as needed.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like baby spinach etc.
- This can be made using almond or coconut milk instead of the kefir.
- You can freeze pretty much any smoothie recipe you like! Try it and see what happens. At worst you don’t make it again, at best you have a new favourite ice cream recipe!