Please take care to keep track of your macros and only eat what you know you should. This recipe contains ingredients that will increase your carb intake, but I have offered alternatives (that you SHOULD take) if following LCHF. If I’m baking for others, I will use dates and rice malt syrup (and sometimes honey). When I’m baking for myself, I leave these things out. These are treats … so please only enjoy them occasionally 🙂
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. Pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice malt syrup (replace with stevia or xylitol for lower carb)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. maple extract
- ½ cup pitted dates (optional – omit for lower carb)
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender (be sure that your blender is OK with dates) and pulse to blend until it forms a dough.
- Check and scrape sides if necessary and blend until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or use a baking sheet.
- Place little balls of dough onto tray. You can flatten into cookies or leave as balls.
- Bake at 180C for 7-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Add cacao nibs for a chocolatey crunch
- Substitute the maple extract for any flavour you prefer
- Add some desiccated coconut