These delicious and easy to make chicken tenders contain no gluten, grains, sugar or dairy.
- 500g chicken tenders (or sliced thighs/breasts)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Combine almond meal, coconut, paprika, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium sized, fairly shallow bowl.
3. Crack egg into another shallow bowl and whisk.
4. One by one, coat each tender with egg, letting any off any excess drip off .
5. Transfer to almond mixture and press each one gently on all sides until each tender is covered completely.
6. Place the coated tenders on a baking tray lined with baking paper (I use a silicone baking mat).
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning once half way.
8. When ready they will be golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Cooking on a wire rack that sits on the baking tray will crisp them up.
- Add some chilli or cayenne to spice it up
2 thoughts on “Oven Baked Chicken Tenders”
I love the visual steps of the prep/ cooking process.
Thank you for taking the time to present your recipes in this format, greatly appreciated.
Thanks Carmen! 🙂
Comments are closed.