- 8-12 lamb French cutlets (3 per person)
- 1/3 red onion sliced
For the sauce:
- ⅔ red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 25g butter
- ¾ cup pouring cream (use coconut cream for dairy-free)
- Pink salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place lamb chops in a shallow tray with the onion scattered around them.
3. Season with salt and pepper then place them on the highest shelf of the oven to bake.
4. If you prefer your lamb pink cook for 30 minutes or leave in longer for well done. This will depend on your oven.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onions and garlic over a very gentle heat for 5 minutes.
6. While that’s happening, bruise the rosemary leaves with a pestle and mortar (or something hard) to release their oil, then chop them very, very finely and add them to the onions and garlic.
7. Continue to cook gently, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
8. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
9. Let the sauce barely simmer until it thickens. Remove from heat and store in a jug/bowl until lamb chops are cooked.
10. Serve lamb with sauce and your choice of sides. Sweet potato fries are good! 😊