Oh my goodness … 😍😍😍
Creamy (or Honey) Mustard and Bacon Chicken Bake 😍
NOTE: The honey bumps the carbs up to 22g of carbs per serve – so it’s NOT low carb. Reduce or leave out the honey altogether to reduce the carb count.
- 700g chicken tenderloins
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1 or 2 onions, sliced
- ¼ cup seeded mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup raw honey OPTIONAL
- 1/4 cup double cream OPTIONAL
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- Pink salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Place chicken, bacon and onion in oven proof dish with a lid.
- Pour marinade over and let sit for an hour or longer. (You don’t have to do this, but it’s why I used a container with a lid!).
- Top with blobs of butter.
- (Remove lid and) Bake at 180c for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- If adding the cream, stir it in now.
- Serve (with cauliflower mash!)
OPTION: Throw everything except the cream into the slow cooker for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Stir the cream in before serving.