Baked Dairy-free Custard
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 egg yolks
- Stevia to taste (I use vanilla flavoured stevia drops)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Any spices or extras you might like
- Preheat the oven to a slow 150C.
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until warm.
- Beat the egg yolk until they hold their shape when you lift the whisk up.
- Add the coconut milk (SLOWLY!) to the egg, whisking as you go.
- Return to the heat – keep stirring while it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, stevia and any spices.
- If using extras like nuts or berries, you can stir them in, or layer them in the bottom of the ramekin.
- Pour mixture into individual ramekins (or oven proof bowls)
- Sprinkle any spices (like nutmeg etc) on top.
- Put your ramekins into a largeish baking dish, and 1/2 fill with water in so that it goes 1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for about half an hour or until the custard is set (it will wobble if you gently wriggle the dish).
- If you can tolerate dairy, feel free to sub ½ the water with pouring cream.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)