These are delicious! But they are a treat 🙂 There are two ways you can make these. 1. Low-carb using super low sugar chocolate or sugar-free chocolate and sweetened only with stevia (not rice malt syrup) and 2. Using rice malt syrup to sweeten and a chocolate that isn’t as dark/bitter. I have included the nutritional panel for both options. Please note that if you use Pure Harvest rice malt syrup – this is GLUTEN FREE.
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Cup protein powder (I use Bioflex WPC available here)
- Stevia to taste
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 tsp. bicarb soda
- OPTIONAL 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 8 Eggs
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk kefir (OR 3/4 cup your choice of milk and 1/3 cup sour cream)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste120g dark chocolate, chopped (the darker the better)
Slivered almonds for topping (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with patty pans or use oil spray ( I use coconut oil) to grease them up.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet. Mix until well combined. If mixture is too dry, add a little more kefir/milk.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray holes so they are about 1/2 full.
- Top with about a tsp. of chocolate.
- Add a little more batter so the chocolate is covered.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly in the tray before removing onto a wire rack.