It’s called ‘white sauce’ but as my kids all pointed out, it’s actually very yellow! On one occasion the 2 girls thought it was a bit like ‘slime’ as it had thickened a little to much, but it tasted sooo good! Please have a play with the recipe and tweak it according to your tastes.
- 2-3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 heaped Tbsp. Tapioca Flour (use more for thicker or less for runnier)
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- Optional add-ins like salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder etc.
- Optional – add some cheese to make it a cheese sauce.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add the tapioca flour, stirring continuously for about 1 minute until it becomes white and frothy.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to stir/whisk until the flour is completely dissolved. (sometimes removing the saucepan from the heat during this part can help you whisk it in a little better)
- Return to heat and continue stirring until it’s as thick as you would like it.
- Season with add-in’s.
- Once thick, remove from heat (remember that it will continue to thicken!) or add in optional cheese and stir until melted.
- Have a play with the amount of butter and tapioca flour that you use.
- You could also add cheese to this if you like.