This is the very first cake recipe made in the thermomix. It’s out of the ‘Everyday Cooking’ thermomix recipe book. My mum and I played around with substitute ingredients and came up with a winner! We also made the chocolate ganache … delish!
- 120g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 120g of xylitol or stevia to taste
- 120g almond flour
- 30g cacao powder
- 1 tsp. aluminium free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line the base of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place butter in TM bowl and melt at 60C at speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix at speed 5 for 15 seconds.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if necessary.
- Scrape down bowl and mix again at speed 5 for 15 seconds.
- Pour into prepare cake tin and bake in the centre of oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Serve cold with chocolate ganache, or warm with cream or ice cream.