This is one of those recipes that gets re-made before the last batch has been finished! They are quick and easy to make; simply mix it all together and bake for just 10 minutes in the oven using just 6 ingredients. Yep. They can be made with any kind of nut butter. If you eat peanuts, then go for it – they taste AMAZING with peanut butter! Please modify the recipe to suit you dietary requirements and tastes.
- 2 cups nut butter (almond butter or peanut butter both work very well)
- 1cup blanched almond flour/meal (See notes)
- 2/3 cup honey or rice malt syrup (or to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine, or throw it all in a high powered blender (I use the Thermomix on speed 5 for about 5 seconds, then on the dough setting until combined).
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. (Keep an eye on them!)
- They also taste great with 1/2 and 1/2 almond meal and arrowroot starch/tapioca flour for those who don’t mind the carbs being a bit higher.
- Add in extras like desiccated coconut, chocolate chips, sultanas etc.
- I’ve baked them both soft (9 minutes) and hard (12 minutes) … both taste good, but if you take them out of the oven while still pretty smooshy, they firm up to a perfect moist centred bikkie 🙂