Simple, tasty and a little different. This taco meat recipe will be sure to tickle your tastebuds!
Serves 6 (or 5 or 8 depending on your serving size!)
1 kg pork mince
2 Tbsp. coconut oil/ghee (your choice of oil)
2 brown onions, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbps. sweet paprika
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pink salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh chillies or chili flakes to taste (optional)
- Black Beans (optional – watch the carb count)
Topping: (whatever you would put on tacos!)
Lettuce leaves (or low carb/grain – free tortillas)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add onion and spices.
- Cook stirring for about a minute until the spices smell beautiful 🙂
- Add the pork mince, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add black beans (and chilli if using) and stir until well combined and cook for about 5 minutes or until pork is throughly cooked.
- Season, taste and add more of whatever you think it needs!
- This is where I package and freeze if we aren’t eating it straight away. Otherwise – continue …
- Place lettuce leaf (or tortilla) on a plate.
- Top with mince mixture and your choice of toppings.
- Roll up and eat!
- You can also serve this as a ‘taco salad’. Simply serve it atop shredded lettuce rather than rolled up.
- These taste great with slow cooked ‘pulled pork’ as well