So, I may have cheated with this recipe and used pre-made meatballs .. but, they were on special, organic, gass-fed and gluten free. Who can say no to that? Certainly not me! I often buy pre-prepared meats (and sausages) like this when they are on special and pop them in the freezer for days when I feel like taking a shortcut. Today was one of those days.
These meatballs were pork and AMAZING. Om nom nom. Please feel free to use any pre-made meatballs you like. Make them right before you slow cook them, or make them and freeze them.
* Meatballs (frozen or fresh)
* 1 can of tomatoes
* 1 cup of bone broth
* 1 brown onion diced
* Three garlic cloves chopped1/2 cup dried Onion Flakes or dehydrated onion slices
* 1 tsp. onion powder
* 1/2 tsp celery salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1 tsp dried parsley
* 1 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
* Chilli flakes or fresh (as much or as little as you like)
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
2. Tastes great with zoodles (this had mainly zuchinni with a tiny amount of carrot) topped with cheese.