- 5 tbsp boiling water
- 1 egg (optional: for egg wash)
- 3 cups almond flour/meal (blanched)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 3 tsp. baking soda (aluminium free)
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tsp. fried garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. onion flakes (optional)
- 6 egg whites
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Tbsp. milk kefir (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Mix the wet ingredients in a second bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. The dough will be quite chunky.
5. Pour the boiling water into the batter and continue to mix until it’s absorbed.
6. Line 2-3 trays with baking paper.
7. Cover your hands with oil to prevent the batter sticking and create 16 balls with the dough (less if you want to make them bigger).
9. Take a ball and roll it out on a chopping board until it’s the thickness and length you prefer.
10. Join the two ends together so that it makes a circle.
11. Pop it on the tray and make the rest.
12. Lightly beat the remaining egg and brush on top of each bagel and then sprinkle some salt and garlic powder (optional!)
13. Bake for between 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Can be frozen
- Can be toasted
- Can be made ‘sweet’
- You can use whatever herbs/spices you like!