Here is a beautiful little muffin I played around with this afternoon. It worked out pretty well I think. It’s a little crumbly, and not overly sweet. The almonds give it a nice crunch, and the raspberries and blackberries gave it a beautiful tang. Feel free to add more sweetener if you like sweet things. (we are sugar-free, so this is plenty sweet enough for our taste buds!)
I ate mine with some delish homemade vanilla ice cream, but it would taste great with a dollop of greek yoghurt too.
Have fun with it, and let me know what yours turn out like, and any variations you come up with! (I though that some dark choc chips might go quite well…hmmm.. next time!)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp aluminium free baking powder ( I use Bobs Red Mill)
- Sweetener to taste (the Nirvana Organics stevia I use has the smallest scoop, so only a tiny amount is needed. Adjust according to your tastebuds) If you use xylitol you could use 1/4 cup, or granulated natvia.
- 5-6 free range eggs ( i used 6 small eggs)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek Yohurt
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Mix eggs, sweetener, vanilla, yoghurt and milk in a bowl. I used electric beaters, but you don’t have to.
- Add coconut oil (make sure it is melted and COOL)
- Mix baking powder with coconut flour
- Combine the egg mixture into the flour (again, I used electric mixer, but you don’t have to)
- Stir in the mixed berries, coconut and almonds.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins or patty pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve with yoghurt or like me – with homemade vanilla ice cream! (recipe is on this website).