This was the result of my needing to prepare something super quick and easy while the kids were at BMX, and I was home working. Everything gets thrown in, it cooks (while I work) and then 30 minutes before the troops come parading through the door, starving from their might efforts on the track, I take the top off, add the extras … it cooks … I continue to work .. then they arrive, take showers and I toss some slendier noodles in the pot (or in the bowls), stir it and dish up. Wowsers. Easy much? 🙂
- 1 kilo beef mince
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 large rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1/4-1/2 cup organic, preservative-free red wine
- 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed (use more if you like garlic!)
- A sprinkle of mixed herbs (or whichever herbs you prefer)
- As much or as little chilli (powder/flakes/sauce) as you like
- 1 cup tomate paste
- 4 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- A few cloves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup pouring cream
- 1 large handful mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 large handful tasty cheese, grated
- Herbamere to taste
- 2 Tbsp. (or more if you like it) parmesan cheese
- Place everyting except creams and cheeses into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- Remove lid and add creams, cheese and herbamere.
- Taste and add as needed.
- Leave to cook with the lid off for a further half hour or so, until it has thickened up a little.
- Serve with slendier noodles/pasta, zoodles, cauliflower mash or whatever tickles your fancy! 🙂 It’s prety yum on its own 😉
- If you don’t have the tamari, or aminos, and have worcesterhire sauce, this can be used instead – but please be aware of the sugar content.
- Wine is optional (but very tasty!)
- You could usse a stock cube or store bought stock if you don’t have bone broth (this will reduce the nutrient content).