- 4 packets (400g) frozen coconut flesh
- 1 banana, frozen and quartered
- 1 Tbsp. Nut butter (not peanut)
- 4 drops banana flavoured liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. Pouring cream (omit for dairy free)
- Blend coconut in food processor one packet at a time.
- Add banana through chute one piece at a time.
- Remove lid, scrape down and add nut butter and vanilla. Blend again.
- Pour cream through chute while blending.
- Stop, scrape down sides, taste and adjust.
- The nut butter I used was my homemade one which was made with macadamia, Brazil but and almond with vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. I make this using activated nuts and raw, organic honey.
- You can use no banana at all (or less) and simply sweeten using banana flavoured stevia.
- If you add more than one or two lots of frozen coconut at a time, it can throw the food processor off balance – it depends on how powerful your food processor is. Mine is 2000w with quad blade and 2 seems to be ‘just ok’, but I still prefer one at a time.
- I use this brand (pictured here) of coconut.
- Add more cream or coconut cream for a softer, ‘runnier’ ice cream, or less for more of a frozen fruit bowl.