- 1kg chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. each of butter and coconut oil (omit butter for dairy-free)
- 2 cups bone broth or good quality chicken stock
- 3 cups filtered water
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated turmeric
- 2 large carrots (peeled if not organic), chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-5 garlic cloves minced (depending on how garlicky you like it!)
- 1 tsp. organic ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ Tbsp. basil
- ½ Tbsp. parsley
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- Pink salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL cream to stir in as you serve and herbs to garnish
- Brown chicken in a frying pan with butter and coconut oil.
- Prepare vegetables while chicken is cooking.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to slow cooker or large soup pot on the stovetop.
- Add bone broth or stock, water and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low 5-8 hours.
- Serve with cream/coconut cream stirred in (optional but delicous!). You can garnish with fresh herbs (like parsley) if you like.
(Visited 68 times, 1 visits today)