- 1 large brown onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 60g butter (substitute oil for dairy free)
- 400g butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 100g sweet potato, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 500g chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream (omit for dairy-free)
- Sour cream and chives to serve (optional – omit cream for dairy free)
- Place onion and garlic in bowl. Chop for 5 seconds on speed 7. Scrape bowl and chop for another 5 seconds on speed 7.
- Add 60g butter and sauté for 3 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add veggies.
- Chop for 15 secs on speed 7.
- And broth and cook for 10 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Stir, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes at 100C on speed 1.
- Add cream and blend for 20 seconds slowly increasing from speed 1 to speed 9.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream (or more cream!) and a sprinkling of chives.
- We love ours with some toasted 90 Second Bread (gluten/grain free) as pictured below.
- Use coconut cream instead of cream and oil instead of butter for dairy free
- Add grated cheese when serving
- I used frozen homemade bone broth ice cubes – very easy!
This contains 16g of net carbs per serve, so please take this into account when you consider your daily macros.
(Visited 128 times, 1 visits today)