Bone broth contains proteins and other nutrients in the marrow; calcium, magnesium, iodine, potassium, phosphorus and much more that won’t be present in stock. Bone broth can help to heal your gut, protect your joints, help you sleep better, is wonderful for immune support, can strengthen you hair, bones and nails, give you glowing skin and more energy! If you feel ‘blah’ a cup on its own works wonders.
This is a vegetarian option, but please note that the healing properties and all the benefits from traditional bone broth, are not present.
Click here for genuine bone broth: http://www.mimfit.net/bone-broth/
- 8 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 carrots (unpeeled if organic)
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 unpeeled large sweet potatoes (peeled if not organic)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander (with stems)
- 4 cups mixed of fresh chopped spinach and kale
- 1 sheet seaweed
- Handful of peppercorns
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- Filtered water
- Put all the veggies in a large soup pot. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Remove lid, and reduce heat to low, so that the broth can simmer gently for about two hours. Add water if the level drops below the tops of the veggies.
- Add the coriander, parsley, seaweed, peppercorns, and bay leaves during the last 15 minutes.
- Strain using a strainer over a large bowl.
- Let broth cool, taste and season to your liking.
- Cool completely before storing in fridge or freezer.