This is a crustless cheesecake, but you could aways bake your favourite low carb crust before moving on to this recipe if you like 🙂
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 200g pure cream
- zest of 1 small lemon + 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup xylitol or desired amount of your preferred sweetener (stevia etc.)
- 1 Tbsp. gelatine (choose good quality, grass fed where possible)
- 4 Tbsp boiling water
Berry Sauce Ingredients:
- 100 g frozen or fresh mixed berries ( I love strawberries and blueberries)
- Stevia to taste (or your preferred sweetener) Rice malt syrup is amazing but will increase the carb count.
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Scoop cream cheese into bowl in chunks and soften for 40 seconds at 50°C on speed 4 (only if not softened already).
- Insert butterfly onto blades.
- Add cream, lemon, vanilla and sweetener to bowl. Whisk at speed 4 for 2 min.
- Stop, scrape the sides of the bowl and taste test for sweetness. Adjust if necessary.
- Whisk at speed 4 for a further 2 minutes.
- While this is whisking, pour boiling water into a medium sized bowl and dissolve gelatine making sure there are no lumps.
- Check your cream mixture, scape down the sides of the bowl and set to speed 2 for about 30 seconds while you pour the gelatine in the top.
- Increase to speed 4 for 30 seconds (watch for splatter!).
- Pour mixture into prepared container and refrigerate for at least an hour or until set.
- Rinse the bowl.
- Add all sauce ingredients.
- Cook for 5 min at 100°C on speed 1. Remove MC after about 10 seconds (leave it on initially to stop the splash!)
- Increase to speed 4 for 5 seconds to break up some of the berries (this will leave a few chunks which I think is nice).
- You can use warm or cold.
- Remove from fridge and allow to soften before serving (about 10 minutes).
- Use other fruits to make the sauce if you like.
- If using the butterfly do not use it higher than speed 4 as it may come off and be chopped by the blades.