What better birthday ‘cake’ could one ask for? My bestie made this for me! Feeling the love? Absolutely!! (PS – my birthday is Valentines Day – hence the heart) 🙂
This is even better than the real thing! Trust me, after you make it a few times, you will ALWAYS want to make sure you have the ingredients on hand – ready for when that ‘Fathead Craving’ takes over! This is a staple in our household. The kids even like to make their own 🙂
Fat Head Pizza Base Serves 2
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, broken up
- 1 egg
- Garlic powder
- Baking paper and baking tray sheet
- Whatever toppings you like
- Figure out what toppings you will have and prepare them first (cook any meats/onions etc. that need cooking).
- Put mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir (very hot!).
- Stir in egg & almond flour.
- Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on baking paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency (if “stringy” then your cheese has hardened too much—just put it back in the microwave for maybe another 20 seconds).
- Poke holes into the base to stop those huge bubbles rising (you’ll soon know what I mean!).
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Put in 180c degree oven.
- After about 7 minutes, check it and poke holes where any of those big bubbles may be.
- Remove and top with whatever topping you have prepared.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is golden and bubbling
(Keep in mind that the toppings only cook long enough for the cheese to melt. Therefore, any meat you add needs to be fully cooked.) Before you begin making your crust, cook the bacon/mushrooms/onion/. Remember, it’s a PIZZA… so be creative!
DAIRY FREE ALTERNATIVE: Cauliflower Pizza
VEGETARIAN ALTERNATIVE: Don’t add meat to your topping