- 75 g almond meal/flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 55 g butter melted
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ingredients.
- Press mixture into ramkins or a larger dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in ramekin, longer if in larger dish.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- 4 eggs, room temp
- ½ cup xylitol or stevia to taste
- 4 Tbsp. arrowroot flour
- 400g water
- Juice of one lemon
- 60g butter
- Pinch salt
- Add all to thermomix bowl and cook on speed 4 at 90C for 10 minutes until thick.
- Pour onto cooled base.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. xylitol
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees.
- Place the sweetener into the bowl and mill on speed 10 for 15 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Wash and dry the bowl (you can’t have any moisture at all in there!) and insert butterfly.
- Add the egg whites (at room temp) and cream of tarter.
- Whip for 3-4 minutes on speed 3 at 50 degrees until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetener through the whole while mixing at speed 2.
- Continue to mix for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon blobs onto baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook for one hour.
- Switch the oven off and leave the door closed while they cool down.
Put it together!
- Pour the filling onto the base.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Top with a few meringues.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)