Low Carb Porridge
Dry Ingredients: (Makes extra to store for later)
1 ¼ cup chia seeds
1 ¼ cup golden flax meal (don’t use brown!)
¾ cup shredded coconut
½ cup coconut flakes
1 ¼ cup sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp. powdered cinnamon
½ tsp. pink salt
For one serving of prepared “Porridge”
¼ cup combined dry ingredients
½ cup hot water (close to, but not boiling)
¼ cup almond milk
1. Combine the chia seed, golden flax meal, unsweetened coconut, sunflower seeds, salt and cinnamon in an airtight wide-
mouth jar (so you can scoop it out!).
2. Scoop out ¼ cup in a serving bowl and keep the rest stored in the container in a cool, dark place. 3. Add in your OPTIONAL vanilla and/or sweetener (before adding water)
4. Pour ½ cup of water over the ‘porridge’ mixture, stir to combine and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add almond milk, butter and 1 Tbsp. of cream into the bowl and stir to combine. (OPTIONAL)
6. Add fresh fruits nuts, unsweetened chocolate, bacon, chicken or turkey sausage, coconut or almond milk, raw honey (tiny
amount!), coconut oil, or butter to spice it up.
OPTIONS for spice flavours: (1) cinnamon, cardamom, ginger; (2) cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, black pepper, coriander; (3)
cloves, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon; (4) rosemary, garlic, sage, cayenne.
You can add psyllium husks to thicken it if you don’t use the flaxmeal and would like it to be thicker.