This recipe came about when I realised I had an entire cooked roast beef in the fridge … that needed eating asap! You could of course use raw meat. Simply add it when you’re cooking the onions 😊
I tried to recreate my mum’s stroganoff recipe that I remember so very well from my childhood. She made the BEST beef stroganoff ever! I do believe that she may have added a bit of extra chilli powder in hers though 😉 Feel free to add extras and have a play. Let me know what you do and how it turns out!
- Whatever roast meat you have sliced into thin strips
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 brown onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. seeded mustard (or French)
- 2 cups cream (double or pouring)
- Pink salt & black pepper to taste
- 125g butter
- OPTIONAL ⅓ cup organic red wine
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and fry onion, garlic, paprika and mushrooms in butter until onions are translucent.
2. Add beef, tomatoes, tomato paste, mustard, wine, cream and salt and pepper.
3. Let simmer gently for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
4. Serve it with slendier noodles, cauliflower rice, zoodles or whatever you fancy.