- 4-6 medium Eggplant (you be the judge depending on how many people you are feeding!)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- Dash of each pink salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive or coconut oil, for baking tray
- Optional: grated cheese to put on top.
1. Cut the eggplants into thick rounds. (I like them to be between 1/2 and 3/4 inches thick so they have time to brown in the oven before they become too soft.)
2. Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15-20 until they start to sweat.
3. Preheat oven to 180C.
4. Line a baking tray (or 2) with baking paper.
5. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 Tbsp. water.
6. In another bowl combine almond meal, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
7. Rinse the Eggplant off and pat them dry with paper towel.
8. Dip the eggplant in the egg and then coat them with the Parmesan mixture, pressing down gently to coat well. Place on a baking tray.
9. Bake until golden brown – about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
10. Remove from the oven and top with exra grated cheese. Return to the oven for 5 or so minutes, or until the cheese is golden.Remove and serve immediatlely!
- If you use small eggplants, you can skip the salting and blotting part!