[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_video _builder_version=”3.0.105″ src=”https://youtu.be/-knOR5uSuy0″ /][et_pb_text]
Cheesecake. Berries. Lime. Need I say more?
Ingredients for BASE:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- Stevia to taste (I used Nirvana Organics Brand)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 100gms melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place all base ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press into a greased/lined tin.
- Bake for 8-10mins until golden.
- Then set aside to cool and increase oven to 250°C.
- Add all ingredients to TM bowl (butter doesn’t have to be melted)
- Blitz until butter is mixed through dry ingredients
- Mix for 5 minutes at 90C on speed 2. (to melt and combine butter)
- Give a final blitz up to speed 5 at the end.
- 250gms softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 3 organic eggs
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- Stevia or rice malt syrup/sweetener of your choice
- Beat together until fluffy (with a spoon or with your blender/Thermomix)
Put it Together:
- Pour filling over cooked base.
- Add 200gms of mixed berries to the top and press gently into mixture if they don sink. (fresh or frozen is fine).
- Place the cheesecake into the oven and turn the oven down to 100°C straight away.
- This temperature drop allows even cooking and create a lovely texture.
- After it has baked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Overnight is best.
- Serve with fresh whipped vanilla cream and more berries.
Serves 12. Per serve – Total Fat 19g. Carbs 3g. Protein 3g. Dietary Fibre 2g