This is a lovely pumpkin soup recipe, but it is a little bit higher in carbs than other recipes I usually post. So please take this into account when adding into your day. 😊
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped (about 600g)
- 3 cups sweet potato (about 600g) peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 stick butter (250g) (omit for dairy-free)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Turmeric to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- Place pumpkin, sweet potato, onion, chicken stock, turmeric, cumin and butter in a slow cooker, and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Add coconut milk.
- Use a hand mixer and blend/process until smooth (optional … you can leave it chunky if you like!).
- Add desiccated coconut and season to taste.
- Leave for a further 30 minutes or until soup has heated through.
- Pour into bowls.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut for garnishing or swirl with cream or coconut cream. We love it with grated mozzarella 😊
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)