Just a word of warning – this recipe is NOT LCHF, it is PALEO. It contains 180 grams of dates which equates to 9g of net carbs per serve. I find the dates add enough sweetness, but if you’d like a little more, add about 100g of xylitol or your preferred sweeterner. This is a tasty little treat, and when eaten in moderation and saved for special occasions, really tickles the tastebuds! 🙂
• 80 grams unsalted butter (or ghee), cut into small pieces
• 250 grams filtered water, room temperature
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. mixed spice
• 300 grams almond meal
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• 80 grams nut, roughly chopped (optional)
• 180 grams dates, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease a baking dish and line with baking paper.
- Place water and butter in TM mixing bowl and heat for 3 min at 100 on speed 2.
- Add baking powder and mix 5 sec at speed 1 until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix for 20 sec in reverse on speed 3.
- Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
- Bake for between 35 and 45 mins depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve with LCHF or Paleo custard, cream, coconut cream or just butter. Delish!