Green Soup (or ‘Slop’ as my daughter calls it!)
This is much better tasting than it is looking! It does contain banana and strawberries, so if you are watching your carb intake, feel free to leave the fruit out, and sweeten with Stevia if you need a bit of extra sweetness.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- 100g frozen coconut flesh
- 1 tsp. Bioflex BioGreens (or another greens superfood)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of milk kefir (use more for a runnier smoothie or less for a more frozen like ‘dessert’ – kind of like an acai bowl consistency)
- Place it all in a high powered blender and let it mix until everything is well combined.
- Replace milk kefir with another liquid such as almond milk, coconut milk, water etc for a dairy-free alternative.
Here is my post on milk kefir – it is about giving it to your dogs – but the recipe is there as well! We drink milk every morning for an insane probiotic boost 🙂