These are the same as the traditional cook method, just a little more ‘smooshed’ if you mix it a little faster or longer. Mix for longer without using reverse for a finer textured rissole.
- 800g beef mince
- 1 brown or red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. seeded mustard
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 egg
- Pink salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional chilli flakes
- Fat for frying
- Place garlic (cloves) and onion in TM bowl and chop – 2-3 secs on speed 7.
- Scrape down sides and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix with measuring cup in place in reverse on speed 3 for about 30 secs or until combined.
- Remove mince mixture and form into 10 balls.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat BBQ or frying pan to medium high and add oil.
- Place rissoles onto pan of BBQ and squash flat with the back of a spatula.
- Fry for about 5 minutes before flipping.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until cooked through. Time will vary according to your pan and hotplate.
Serve with smashed avo and salad, or veggies, or cauli mash .. why not try some parsnip shoestring fries or .. whatever tickles your fancy. You could even serve it on a low carb bread roll that you’ve prepared earlier 😉
Pictured below is a delicious zuchinni, egg and celery salad and the rissoles are topped with Ghee.