This salad is insane … it really is THAT good. Everytime I make it, I am asked for the recipe, so I thought it was about time I shared its deliciousness 🙂
A lot of the taste comes from the type of mayonnaise that you use – so make sure it tastes delicious before you mix it through!
- 1 kilo of zuchinni (more or less depending on how much you want to make)
- 2 Tbsp. butter/ghee or olive oil
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, seeded and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- About 10 cornichons, chopped (mini gherkin cucumbers)
- 2 stalks of spring onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise (recipe here)
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- OPTIONAL celery leaves
- Peel and cut the zucchini into bite size pieces.
- Place in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes and then tip the zuchinni out onto paper towel or a clean tea towel. Press gently to soak up the moisture.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat and saute in butter/ghee/oil for a couple of minutes. Don’t brown them up – cook just long enough for them to soften.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add zucchini once cool, and stir to coat well in the mayo dressing.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- If using the celery leaves, add them to the pan and saute with the zuchinni.
- Add sliced jalapenos for a bit of extra bite.
- Add sliced cucumber for some extra crunch.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)