I love custard! and when I was told by my naturopath to do a 2-week gut cleanse that involved no dairy, bacon, mushrooms and other things that I love to eat, I was determined to make a dairy free custard. I did and it’s yum! But now I’m eating dairy again, and I have an allergy to eggs, I needed to head back to the drawing board and come up with an egg-free custard. It’s not low carb as its thickened with arrowroot flour, but if you only have a little and it fits within your macros, it’s fine. It’s more than fine; it’s simple, easy and delicious!
- Egg Free Vanilla Custard
- 100 g Xylitol or sweetener of choice
- 60 g arrowroot flour 1 litre milk and/or cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or flavouring of choice
- Place all ingredients into bowl.
- Cook at 90 degrees on speed 4 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and refrigerate in an airtight container.