- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup green banana flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Stevia to taste (I use 2 scoops of Nirvana Organics) or ¼ cup xylitol
- 2 Tbsp. Rice malt syrup (optional, but really adds flavour)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp. guar gum (or xanthan gum if you prefer)
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. bicarb soda
- 1 Tbsp. boiling water
1. Preheat oven to a moderate 140C (fan forced)
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper or use a silicone cookie sheet
3. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and melt butter (and rice malt syrup if using).
4. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together except the bicarb soda.
5. In a separate bowl, dissolve the bicarb with boiling water and add to butter mixture. Add vanilla and stir until completely mixed in. Remove from heat.
6. Combine butter mixture with dry mixture. If it seems a bit ‘wet’ add some more banana flour
7. Wet your hands and roll mixture into balls and place onto the baking tray. Press down slightly with fork to flatten.
8. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes.
9. Cool on trays for 5 minutes then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- If the mixture doesn’t have enough flour, it will turn out like the picture below. Simply add a bit more next time. The upside is that they still taste amazing and as they start to cook you can cut them into squares. Sometimes I deliberately make mine like this! 🙂
- Add other extras like cacao nibs or nuts
- Tastes great with a dash of maple extract