3 kg of green banana’s makes about 1 kg of flour
- Peel the banana’s. The skin will be quite hard and the bananas may ‘snap off’ inside the skin, so be careful. You can boil or steam the bananas to loosen the skin (I don’t do this).
- Cut banana’s into thin slices length ways or round, and allow to dry out completely. This can be done a few ways.
- Place on baking trays and dry in a very slow oven for 2-3 hours.
- In a dehydrator (this is how I do it)
- In the sun.
- The banana’s will be quite light in colour and if cut lenghtways, may start to curl up when they’re ready.
- Place banana in a high speed blender or thermomix and grind into a fine flour.
- If you find your banana’s are still sticky and aren’t grinding, remove them and let them dry a bit longer.
- Blend again if necessary and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.